Tier 4 Visa - Rules
Applying for a Tier 4 Visa - Rules
Students should note that they must complete their visa form honestly and accurately. Lying on a visa application will impact on all future visa applications.
Rules When You Arrive in the UK
Once you have obtained a tier 4 visa you will be expected to adhere to the following rules when you arrive in the UK. As an adult student under the tier 4 system you will be expected to:-
- Attend all scheduled classes – this will be more than 16 hours per week. Please note that most colleges/universities run classes from Monday – Friday. You are expected to attend all class and should only be absent from college if you are genuinely ill.
- Make sufficient progress on your course. student’s who fail to make progress on their course can be refused entry on to the next level of the course.
- Work within the limits of your visa. (Working hours are determined by the type of visa you have and the date on which you applied.) All students must adhere to their work restrictions, failure to do so will result in your visa being cancelled.
- Study at the college that sponsored your visa application. If you want to change college when you arrive in the UK you will have to make new visa application and you run the risk of your visa being refused. Ensure that you apply for the right college in the first instance to avoid this happening.
- Study on the course you gained a visa for. When applying for visa ensure that you have obtain a CAS for the course you actually want to study. Most colleges will not accommodate course changes after you arrive in the UK. Take the time to make the correct choice before applying for visa.
- Students must not participate in criminal activity whilst studying in the UK. Any student who does will be subject to UK laws and will be punished accordingly. Lack of knowledge will not be accepted as an excuse if laws are broken. Any student who commits a crime during their study period is unlikely to be granted a visa extension.